August 06, 2004

Champagne Unit Veterans for Truth

Following on the success of the new ad by the desperately-named Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, here is another Bush-friendly 527 coming to a swing state near you.
Dick Cheney: If you have any question about what George W. Bush is made of, just spend 3 minutes with the men who served with him.

Al Freedom: I "served" with George W. Bush.

Bob Younger: I "served" with George W. Bush.

George Ellicott: George W. Bush has not been dishonest about what happened in Alabama.

Al Freedom: He is not lying about his record.

Louis Jetson: I know George W. Bush is not lying about his last physical because I gave him my urine sample.

Van O'Doull: George W. Bush did not lie to get a bronze star ... I know, I was there, I saw what happened.

Billy Chenoweth: His account of what happened and what actually happened are the difference between Bud Light and Miller Light.

Admiral Goffman: George W. Bush has been honest.

Adrian Balboa: And he does not lack the capacity to lead.

Larry Thurdlow: When the chips and salsa were down, you could count on George W. Bush.

Bob Younger: George W. Bush is a war hero.

Grant Hubbard: He did not betray all his fellow pilots ... he did not throw his service records and pay stubs over that fence.

Shelton Gray: George W. Bush did not betray the men and women he served with in Texas.

Joe Pounder: He did not dishonor his country ... he most certainly did not.

Bob Hildruth: I "served" with George W. Bush ...

Bob Hildruth (off-camera): George W. Bush cannot be distrusted.

Announcer: Champagne Unit Veterans for Truth is responsible for the content of this advertisement.
(It strikes me after reading this over that the White House years of 2001-2005 will bear a striking historical resemblance to that era of the Crusty the Clown Show that featured Bart Simpson's "I didn't do it" character.)